On the occasion of the easing of the decree issued by the State of Hesse on May 7, the Hessische Staatstheater Wiesbaden as first theatre in Germany after the lockdown will resume its performance from Monday, May 18, 2020 with the approval of the responsible health authority.
The proposed safety and hygiene concept is exemplary, which can also serve as a model for other theaters and concert halls:
Safety and hygiene concept of the Wiesbaden State Theater to restart play under COVID19 conditions
Due to the measures to contain the infection with the corona virus, all performances take place under strict protective and hygienic measures. Along with these measures, a replacement program with a greatly reduced number of seats is offered. 200 people can be seated in the big hall and 60 in the small hall. In order to make the theater visit safe even during the corona pandemic, the following measures are taken:
- We strictly follow the instructions of the authorities.
- All medical recommendations given by the authorities regarding the handling and cooperation with other people are implemented and checked daily or updated accordingly.
- All critical points or areas in our premises are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We use these instructions and recommendations to inform our employees about the available communication channels.
- Every visitor must leave their name, address and telephone number when buying tickets. Card buyers of several cards are obliged to keep the contact details of all card users available and to provide them on request. Card buyers must have a current identity card with them.
- The seats are sold in rows. The respective place will be allocated on site in the evening. There must be a distance of three seats between the respective neighbors who do not belong to the same household. A row of seats will be blocked between two rows of seats.
- It is mandatory to wear a mouth and nose cover inside the theater building.
- The hygiene rules, such as compliance with the sneeze and cough etiquette or the minimum distance of 1.5 m from other visitors and theater staff must be observed. This regulation is indicated separately in the theater building by notices and announcements.
- The minimum distance is guaranteed by a new inlet and routing system.
- Admission starts at 7 p.m. The box office opens at 6.30 p.m. in the box office.
- Disinfection dispensers are available in the entrance area and on the toilets.
- The cloakrooms remain closed. The Hessische Staatstheater Wiesbaden will provide the possibility to store the cloakroom at designated places. The Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden assumes no liability for the cloakroom.
- The sanitary facilities may only be used by one person.
- The restaurant will not be open as usual in the foyer, but in the colonnades. Pre-orders are not possible. The foyer remains closed.